Sander Blommaert founded Blommaert Ballet School in 2016.
Sander Trained at the Royal Ballet School of Antwerp until the age of 15 before joining the Royal Ballet School in London for their final three years of training at the upper school.
Upon graduating from the school Sander was offered a contract with the Royal Ballet Company where he danced for 7 years and got promoted to First Artist.
Sander's repertory with the Company included Paris (Romeo and Juliet), Footman/Fish (Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland) and roles in Obsidian Tear, Scènes de Ballet, Connectome, Voluntaries, Rhapsody, The Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Sylvia, The Rite of Spring, The Firebird and The Nutcracker. He created a role in Woolf Works.
In 2016 Sander decided to pursue his passion for ballet teaching.
Sander's Teaching Qualifications:
- Education Course at the Royal Opera House / Royal Ballet School in 2013
- "Barreworks" Barre Workout Instructor Qualification in 2016
- Royal Ballet School's Vocational Ballet Teachers Diploma (RBS, PDTD) in 2018
- Dance Development, Teaching and Learning Diploma from Trinity Laban (DDTAL) 2018
- Progressing Ballet Technique Teaching Qualification in 2020
Sander joined Elmhurst Ballet School in September 2018 where he taught the male students in their final two years at the school.
All 18 male graduates during Sander's 3 school years at the school secured employment in the dance industry.
In September 2021 Sander decided to work at Blommaert Ballet School exclusively.